Monday, September 26, 2011

Respect for God's Creation

     I'm surrounded by all types of people; Indian, Black, Mexican and then theirs me!  We are sitting in a coffee shop and just finished having a light breakfast.  The smells are incredible!  The coffee is great and extremely hot, just like I like it.  The cranberry muffin was perfect!  My Love has gone to get the car while I sit admiring my beautiful roses and drinking my coffee!  What a wonderful morning!
     Let's get back to the people.  Hardly any person makes eye contact with one another anymore.  Only one person who actually looked me in the eye is a boy from India who recognized me from last night.  He almost turned my roses over!  I did give him the Evil Eye only because his family was allowing him to run around right where the drop off and pick up lane happened to be!  It was only l08 degrees at the time and lots of cars were coming and going.  I decided to be the smart one in the bunch so I gave him a glance of fear so he wouldn't get hit by a car!  Some people are so lack in their guidance of their children!  I noticed he was given a lot of leeway of behavior when it came to his sister.  Who, by the way was dying for attention.  I felt this was more like a cultural thing going on and it made me so sad.  In the eyes of God, females are held to the highest regard.  Only man on earth tends to downgrade her status.  Therefore it seems the treatment of women in cultures all over the world want to hold us down emotionally, spiritually and economically just to name a few!  It was so evident in the behavior of this family!   One child got all the attention and no discipline while the other was completely ignored!
     Could this treatment of girls and women be just because we can nurture and give life?  Yes, I know not by ourselves but the whole growth and development stage for 9 months is Our deal!  Bless God for giving us this wonderful gift.  Being a mother is one of the highest positions a woman could ever hold.  You're in charge of a little mind who is so eager to be loved and to learn.  Each child is a gift as well as each mother.  Grant you, the scale is very broad from the top of the list as Mother Teresa to the bottom of the list being the devil's wife!  I pray that I'm secure somewhere in the top of the middle of the scale!  Children are God's gifts to be cherished, although not all are.  Some of God's creations seen to suffer from the onset of life, when their life is filled with nothing but trouble and heartache.  Others seem to have their troubles much later on in life.  Problems and troubles are conditions all of us must face sometime but it shouldn't come so soon for our little ones to deal with.  It's our job to keep them safe from all harm, especially if it comes from us.  It's our growing and testing moments to develop character that shapes and changes us and them forever.
    I just wonder if I made an impression on that little boy.  I was the only one who seemed concerned about his safety and about the safety of my Roses!  I'm pretty sure I did, just by the fact he noticed me in the coffee shop and kind of sat down on a chair real fast.  I wanted to say to those parents, hey notice your sweet little girl who keeps asking you questions and you're just ignoring her!  But I know it wouldn't make any difference if I did.
     Women, think about your fate and your responsibility as a woman and as a mother.  Unfortunately the job goes with a tremendous amount of pleasure and heartache.  I guess having children ourselves allows us to understand how God must feel about us.  Think about how you want to be seen in your children's eyes?  Be that special someone who they can look up to for anything and everything no matter how small!  Like Dr. Phill says:  as a parent you need to be their soft place to fall!  Your job is important and shouldn't be rushed or ignored because every detail matters!
     Don't be like that family, show respect from the littlest and youngest female to the oldest female!  Just remember God is Watching and Taking Notes! 
                                          The Commoner

No comments:

Post a Comment